Living in North Carolina, we often think about how important the air conditioning is to our home and making sure we’re comfortable, which isn’t surprising given our triple-digit temperatures during the summer. However, we also have cold winters with low temperatures dipping well below freezing for sometimes weeks at a time, and having a working furnace is essential to staying safe and comfortable during those cold snaps.
If you notice your furnace isn’t keeping up with the temperature outside, it’s making a strange sound, or it stops working altogether, you need to call in the pros. And at Bowman Mechanical, we bring 30 years of experience to our customers in Garner, so you can feel confident that you’ll get fast, reliable heating system services you can count on to keep you warm all winter!
Troubleshooting Your Heat System
Like all mechanical equipment, sometimes a simple, DIY fix is all it takes to fix the problem. Before giving us a call, we’re sharing some furnace troubleshooting tips to see if you can get your heat back up and running.
Your heat won’t come on:
- Check your circuit breaker to see if it’s tripped. If it has, turn it back on. If it hasn’t you can try resetting it to flip it off, then back on, then make sure it stays in position.
- Check the thermostat. You may need to check the batteries and open it and clean out any dust with a dry, clean paintbrush to make sure the sensors are working properly.
- Consider the location of the thermostat. If it’s in a direct sunbeam or over top of a lamp, it may be that it’s warmer than the rest of your home.
Warm air isn’t coming out of the vents:
- Change your air filter as dust and dirt can block air flow into the unit, and prevent it from functioning.
- If applicable, check the outside unit to see if leaves and debris have collected around the unit, blocking air flow.
- Check your vents to make sure they aren’t blocked
- Clean the area around your furnace or interior heating unit.
If these quick fixes don’t have your heat working properly, it’s time to reach out to us for professional heating repair.
Emergency Heating Repair
While a sluggish furnace or noisy heating system may be an inconvenience, it can probably wait until the next business day to give us a call. On the other hand, some heat and furnace problems are an emergency that need to be addressed immediately as your family could be in danger.
Call us 24/7 if you’re experiencing the following problems:
- A burning or smoke smell could be a sign of an electrical problem or overheated component that could lead to a fire.
- A gas smell if you have a gas furnace.
- No heat at all and there are extremely cold temperatures expected. This is especially important for children, the elderly, and those with health conditions.
- Carbon monoxide alert is going off as this could be an issue with your heat exchanger that is releasing carbon monoxide into the home. Turn off the furnace immediately if your alarm is going off and call emergency services just in case.
- The flame in the furnace is a color besides blue.
- Electrical buzzing, humming or frequent breaker trips.
Why Choose Us for Your Heating Repair?
For 30 years, we have been dedicated to serving homes and businesses in Garner, South Raleigh, and the surrounding area, and we’ve stayed in business for so long because customer satisfaction is our number one priority. We don’t believe in cutting corners or relying on guesswork to fix your heating system because we know that means it will only lead to another breakdown or malfunction.
Instead, when there’s a problem, we are there when you need us to quickly and correctly diagnose the problem and determine the best course of action to get your system up and running properly with a repair you can rely on. We only use high-quality parts and materials that are made to be durable and our experienced technicians know how to get to the root of the problem.
If the problem is so serious that replacing the heat system is the best option, we can sit down with you and discuss your options. We believe in keeping you informed and empowered throughout the process, whether it’s a simple repair or a massive undertaking.
We take pride in the quality of our products
Schedule a Heating Repair in Garner, NC
For a reliable repair when your heat goes out that will restore your home to the right temperature, reach out to the experienced team at Bowman Mechanical Services. We’ll be there when you need us with 24/7 service, and with our heating maintenance plans, we’ll make sure it stays running efficiently and reliably. Call us today at 919-772-2759 or fill out the form below to schedule a technician to come out and provide a quote or learn more about our services.